Truth is I’m still feeling crappy from whatever I caught and as a result I’ve been having intermittent bouts of energy interspersed with feeling very fatigued. I’ve also been keeping weird hours again (much to someone’s chagrin). I’ll be up late at night and then during the day I’ll feel tired and wind up falling asleep for a few hours.
In those moments when I’ve been subject to great energy, I’ve been continuing the work of getting things in order. It shouldn’t be this messy, but it is (I could probably give Roberta a run for her money in terms of clutter - which is probably why we’re good friends). Putting shelves together, moving something, moving something else into the space just cleared. It’s like playing dominos with your life possessions.
Also, I’ve just come to the realization there’s just a bunch of stuff I want to throw out, give to good will, sell, whatever. Just clear things out. Even I’ve gotten sick of it.
The garage is almost to the point where I can walk through it. This is a big thing in my life. Also, the way I have things set up now, I’ll be able to get at stuff without having to move a ton of other things. One wall is entirely those industrial steel shelf jobbies. The ones that aren’t along the walls have wheels on them so I can move them around. Most of these things have wheels on them now so my life is mobile (it brings to mind this image of Michael Richards as Kramer explaining to Jerry how he’s going to make his whole apartment into levels).
I might even be able to get the lawn mower out soon, just in time for the leaves to start falling!
I had looked at the blog and was sickened by the big political focus, gripe, gripe, gripe, gripe. There was one bit of political news last week that turned my stomach though. There is one thing and one thing only which would make me vote for George Bush in the next election:
1960S - After becoming involved in politics, Wellesley graduate Hillary Rodham orders her senior thesis sealed from public view
1974 - Impeachment was evolved… to cope with both the inadequacy of the criminal standards and the impotence of the courts to deal with the conduct of great public figures. It would be anomalous if the framers, having barred criminal sanctions from the impeachment remedy… intended to restrict the grounds for impeachment to conduct that was criminal" - Hillary Rodham, Staff Attorney, House Judiciary Committee
1978 - Two months after commencing the Whitewater scam, Hillary Clinton invests $1,000 in cattle futures. Within a few days she has a $5,000 profit. Before bailing out she earns nearly $100,000 on her investment. Many years later, several economists will calculate that the chances of earning such returns legally were one in 250 million.
1980s - Hillary Clinton makes a $44,000 profit on a $2,000 investment in a cellular phone franchise deal that involves taking advantage of the FCC's preference for locals, minorities and women. The franchise is almost immediately flipped to the cellular giant, McCaw… Hillary Clinton quietly lobbies on behalf of the Contras and against groups and individuals opposing them.
1981 - Hillary Clinton writes Jim McDougal: "If Reagonomics works at all, Whitewater could become the Western Hemisphere's Mecca."
1985 - Mrs. Clinton is put on a $2,000 a month retainer by Madison Guaranty… McDougal will later write in his book that the payments were in lieu of his earlier system of passing money to Bill Clinton. Ms. Clinton will later claim not to have received any retainer nor to have been deeply involved with Madison. Subsequent records show, however, that she represented Madison before the state securities department. After the revelation, she says, "For goodness sakes, you can't be a lawyer if you don't represent banks."
1993 - Hillary Clinton and David Watkins move to oust the White House travel office in favor of World Wide Travel, Clinton's source of $1 million in fly-now-pay-later campaign trips. The White House fires seven long-term employees for alleged mismanagement and kickbacks. The director, Billy Dale, charged with embezzlement, will be acquitted in less than two hours by the jury.
1993 - Less than three hours after Foster's body is found, his office is secretly searched by Clinton operatives, including Mrs. Clinton's chief of staff. Another search occurs two days later. Meanwhile, US Park Police and FBI agents are not allowed to search the office on grounds of "executive privilege." Foster's suicide note is withheld from investigators for some 30 hours. The note is in 27 pieces with one other piece missing.
1994 - John Huang quits the Lippo Group — with a golden parachute of around $800,000 — and goes to work for the Commerce Department. Some believe the move is instigated by Hillary Clinton. Commerce Secretary Ron Brown orders a top secret clearance for Huang. While at Commerce, Huang visits the White House about 70 times, is briefed 37 times by the CIA, views about 500 intelligence reports, and makes 281 calls to Lippo banks.
1996 - Hillary Clinton's attempts to conceal the fact that she had $120,000 of editorial help in preparing her book-like substance…
Hillary Clinton tells New Zealand television that she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. At the time of Mrs. Clinton's birth, Hillary was an unknown beekeeper.
1997 - Hillary Clinton goes for her daily dose of photographic self-aggrandizement at the pediatrics ward of the Georgetown University Medical Center. She is to be pictured reading to the kids. The problem: sick children don't look that cute, especially those who are bald from cancer treatments or fitted out with tubes and such. The solution: replace the sick children with well versions belonging to the hospital staff. It works beautifully.
2002 - CARL LIMBACHER, NEWSMAX - In a surprise revelation during a Memorial Day campaign swing through upstate New York, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton announced that she used to be a duck hunter… The New York senator's long-secret hunting days conjured up memories of other unlikely assertions she's offered over the years, such as:
- The claim that she once tried to enlist in the Army but was turned down because she was too old.
- Her 2000 senatorial campaign metamorphosis into a New York Yankees fan.
- Her 1996 announcement that at age 49, she and President Clinton were thinking of adopting another child
2000 - THE RAY REPORT - It is, in the independent counsel's judgment beyond peradventure, that as a matter of historical fact, Mrs. Clinton's input into the process was a significant - if not the significant - factor influencing the pace of events in the travel office firings and the ultimate decision to fire the employees. Accordingly, the independent counsel concludes that Mr. Clinton's sworn testimony that she had no input into Watkins's decision or role in the travel office firings is factually inaccurate.
All courtesy of Sam Smith’s Progressive Review.
Oh, and I’m sure all those people who were glad I bashed Bush will now get to feel tremendous moral indignation now that I have casted aspersions on HRC. The door swings both ways folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment